Position Purpose: To provide general labour in one of the following areas: asphalt, concrete, excavation, grading, paving, sewers, structures, landscaping, traffic control and/or watermain.
- Execute the daily plan and work sequence under the direction of the Foreperson, completing construction work in an effective safety-conscious manner.
- Work with and alongside lead hands and labourers to successfully complete the required work.
- Follow direction as provided by the Foreperson, Lead Hand or Superintendent.
- Complete work/tasks as directed.
- Assist fellow workers in the safe operation of equipment and trucks.
- Operate small equipment including quick cut saws, plate packers, pumps and tools etc…, training will be provided as necessary.
- Assist with traffic control when required (training will be provided during orientation).
- Ability to work and follow directions in challenging work environments.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with a team.
- Ability to work in a safe, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand, lift 50 lbs, carry, bend, reach etc…
- Punctual and available to work full time.
- Class G driver’s license is an asset.
- Travel to various sites/locations will be required.
- Indoor & outdoor environments; various weather conditions.
- Overtime work may be required.