Position Purpose: To oversee specific work related to the foreperson’s experience i.e. concrete, structures, asphalt, grading, and sewer on the construction site. Under the guidance of the superintendent, the foreperson will ensure safety for the crew and public, productivity and completion of daily task/milestones.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Assist the superintendent to plan the work sequence using specifications, drawings and site conditions for effective safety-conscious production.
- Instruct all job personnel in a clear, concise manner on all production and safety aspects of the job when directing work tasks.
- Strive to maximize the profitability of each job by minimizing costs and motivating crew productivity.
- Ensure that next day requirements for labour, equipment and supplies are ordered and communicated to the superintendent.
- Complete work with attention to detail to produce a quality product.
- Complete daily diary notes to document changes, direction and productions.
- Assist fellow workers in the safe operation of equipment and trucks.
- Operate small equipment including quick cut saws, pumps and tools.
- Liaise with onsite inspectors and owners’ representatives.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner.
- 2-5 years of experience working as a foreperson or leadhand.
- Computer literate, or working towards computer literacy.
- Strong organizational skills with clear oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to lead and direct other staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Must be able to stand, lift 50 lbs, carry, bend, reach.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Travel to various sites may be required.
- Indoor and outdoor environments; and various weather conditions.
- Weekend work may be required.
Construct your career at Fowler!Apply Now