Position Purpose: To provide technical support involving layout and surveying of the project sites, pits and quarries and material stockpiles.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Complete layout, stakeout, and surveying with levels, total stations and GPS equipment.
- Maintain a record/journal of daily work site activities, layout records and surveying grade sheets.
- Provide layout, surveying and topo reports for field staff.
- Provide technical support to managers and supervisors.
- Work with and alongside the managers and supervisor to ensure layout work is completed before the work sequence.
- Maintain the surveying equipment is in a state of good repair.
- Complete work with attention to detail to produce a quality product.
- Communicate effectively with the field staff and report grade stake reports.
- Liaise with onsite inspectors, owners’ representatives, and the public.
- Complete reporting for quantities, payments and regular tracking and documentation requirements.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Conduct yourself in a professional/mature manner.
- Enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor of Engineering or Engineering Technology program.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Project, etc…).
- Strong organizational/analytical skills with clear oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Travel to various sites/locations will be required.
- Indoor and outdoor environments; various weather conditions.
- Weekend and evening work may be required to meet the demands of the position.
Construct your career at Fowler!Apply Now