Position Purpose: To coordinate and provide support to the Project Manager, Supervisor and Forepersons on one or more construction projects.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain a record/journal of daily work site activities, safety items, visitors, inspections, including a photo/video record of job progress.
- Prepare and submit daily time sheets for crews working on site.
- Maintain the contract documents, drawings, specifications for project staff and subcontractors.
- Provide technical support to Managers and Supervisors.
- Work with and alongside the Project Manager and Supervisor to plan the work sequence, using specifications, drawings and site conditions for effective safety-conscious production.
- Oversee project quality control activities.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the next day requirements for labour, equipment and ensure supplies are ordered.
- Complete work with attention to detail to produce a quality product.
- Ensure project cost requirements are met and coding procedures are followed.
- Liaise with onsite inspectors, owners’ representatives, and the public.
- Complete reports for production, payments and regular tracking.
- Conduct yourself in a professional/mature manner.
- Enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor of Engineering or Engineering Technology program.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Project, etc…).
- Strong organizational/analytical skills with clear oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Travel to various sites/locations will be required.
- Indoor and outdoor environments; various weather conditions.
- Weekend and evening work may be required to meet the demands of the position.
Construct your career at Fowler!Apply Now