Position Purpose: To coordinate resources (staff and equipment) between business units and projects, while providing support to the managers, supervisors and forepersons.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain a daily record of employee and equipment placement on all work sites, pits and quarries.
- Coordinate equipment and staffing between divisions and projects based on daily needs.
- Liaise between project managers, supervisors, and forepersons to effectively share resources in a cost effective and productive manner.
- Conduct weekly “line-up” meetings with managers, key team members and supervisors to plan and anticipate project needs, new projects and project closeout.
- Request and coordinate float moves between projects.
- Issue and maintain record of purchase orders for all projects to ensure the continuation of work progress, should the contracts & procurement administrator need additional support.
- Communicate with equipment manager/project manager/business unit manager on large and small equipment rentals to meet seasonal and project needs.
- Source external equipment owner operators for various project needs.
- Order and ensure valid locates for all construction projects.
- Assist project managers with placing and distributing of Notice of Projects when required.
- Order and maintain inventory of necessary field books i.e. time books / safety talks.
- Price, manage and bill small time and material work utilizing equipment and operator rentals in consultation with the estimating and materials department.
- Coordinate road closures with emergency services, school boards, townships, municipalities.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner.
- Work with business unit managers and human resources in recruiting new employees.
- Work with business unit managers and project managers to issue seasonal layoffs.
- Main contact for Peerless Security.
- Be available for on-call duty as an after hour’s emergency contact.
- Ensure continued general building maintenance internal and external.
- Other tracking of employee vacations, absences, payroll distribution and point person for field related issues regarding paperwork and general employee submissions.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Project, etc…).
- Strong organizational/analytical skills with clear oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Travel to various sites/locations may be required.
- Weekend and evening work may be required to meet the demands of the position.
- Laptop and mobile phone will be provided.
Construct your career at Fowler!Apply Now